Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Matt Pacini's Super WorkPrinter

  1. #1
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    O.K., now I'm having a Workprinter-gasm!
    I can't wait until it shows up at my doorstep this week!
    Iv'e been waiting soooooo long for a solution like this!
    Gee, I'll miss those guys at the telecine house...
    I guess I can send them Christmas cards & stuff.
    Thanks Roger, this is going to really make my filmmaking ability skyrocket.
    To be able to shoot tons of footage, & digitize it for free, is really just going to be toooo cool.
    You sure we can't call it the WorkSkankMeisterProMark3?
    Is that too long of a name? (har har)

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by Matt Pacini (edited November 08, 2001).]

  2. #2
    jocko
    Guest jocko's Avatar

    Post

    Man!...Look at that frame size..It's friggin ROGER-SCOPE..nice work Roger.you are the Wyle-E-Coyote Of super-8 smile

    Neil

    ------------------

  3. #3
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jocko:
    Man!...Look at that frame size..It's friggin ROGER-SCOPE..nice work Roger.you are the Wyle-E-Coyote Of super-8 smile
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    It's "Pacini-Vision". Actually, I was very pleased with the results on this unit. One thing I forgot to mention is that it has a remote trigger socket on the side of the remote control so that it can be triggered by an intervelometer. That way, the intervelometer triggers the WorkPrinter3, the WorkPrinter3 then triggers the capture device, such as a digital still camera/computer (which would need longer than the normal "auto run" one second cycle time of the WorkPrinter3). The intervelomter can be set to what ever total duration is needed for both units to cycle.

    Auto-rama!



    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  4. #4
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    the remote switch sounds like a good idea for optical printing, since you could then have an intervalometer of some kind give a certain number of pulses. used with a frame counter you cold optically print your film without cutting the original, simply generate an edl with frame numbers instead of time code from your video edit, set the printer at the first frame of the first shot, enter the number of frames, press play, iterate. sweet. i *really* need money right now. i'm getting a workprinter as soon as i can afford it.

    /matt

  5. #5
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mattias:
    the remote switch sounds like a good idea for optical printing, since you could then have an intervalometer of some kind give a certain number of pulses.
    /matt
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Hi, Mattias!

    Actually, I considered another variation on that method. If you put all your film in the order of appearance with about 5 extra frames at the head and tail of each cut, then used silver sensing tape instead of regular Ciro splicing tape to join the clips, there could be a sensor and special circuit that would read the silver tape and tell the system to skip all the next 10 frames.

    In other words, the frames continue to advance as normal, with the camera copying each frame. Then, when the on board sensor encounters the sensing tape, it tells the camera to ignore the next 10 frames, then start copying again. The WorkPrinter never stops moving film. The camera merely sits idle and skips the unwanted material. The extra frames let the film stabilize (due to the splice) before the camera starts copying again. With this method, you don't even need an EDL. Also, you could transfer your footage to video using the same sensor circuit for a video "preview" before commiting to 16mm film. Hell, you could print super 8 to super 8, if you wanted! It would work just the same!

    Hmmmmmm... Do I see the WorkPrinter Mark IV on the horizon?

    Spank-O-Mation



    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  6. #6
    cameraguy
    Guest cameraguy's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MovieStuff:
    And then there will be the hombre of all home transfer units. Hey! THAT'S the name I should use. "El Hombre" wink
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    You should get Paul Newman to be the spokesman for "El Hombre"


    ------------------

  7. #7
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    Hi, all!

    Well, Matt's unit is finished. I have decided to stay with the WorkPrinter name, since people seem to know it. Below are some photos of the unit. I still need to update the website to reflect this new addition to the WorkPrinter series! I will be offering three different models, with this unit being the top of the line as it has single frame advance, infinite still frame, 1fps motor for use with video or film copy cameras, etc. Anyway, here it be:

    vwp3

    rm

    ruler

    comp



    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  8. #8
    MikeBrantley
    Guest MikeBrantley's Avatar

    Post

    That's slick!

    ------------------
    --Mike Brantley

  9. #9
    Cranium
    Guest Cranium's Avatar

    Post

    OK, I'll take one.

    ------------------
    Mikel Z

  10. #10
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks, Mike!

    I'll be offering the original 6fps projection model, which still works pretty darned good. Then there will be the 6fps aeriel image model, which will look like Matt's unit but without the remote control or single frame capability. And then there will be the hombre of all home transfer units. Hey! THAT'S the name I should use. "El Hombre" wink



    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •